Monday, March 16, 2009

Back form Belize

So we went to Belize with a group from the College. It was seven students plus one instructor plus Jenny plus me. The instructor that went was a riot and had us laughing constantly. And of course, I was there with my soulmate, Jenny, with whom I could spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...








I know its probably past the statute of limitations for blogging about a trip, but I thought I would anyway. I will post for each city we visited. We left our town on the 27th of Feb. around 5 in the morning. After arriving in Atlanta, we hopped our flight down to Belize City and arrived at about 1:00. We cruised the town and marveled at the poverty and litter.


Past that, it was a unique, colorful experience which reminded me why there needed to be a man on the trip (I'm not intimidating but what they didn't know is that I get buckwild if necessary). In Belize City, the ethnographic background of most people is African, and the English Creole language they spoke could be heard everywhere.







We stayed at a nice place on the bay...








The Belize Museum was a nice attraction. The museum was a prison until 1993.




The museum held specimens displaying the biological and cultural marvels of Belize including Maya artifacts, an insect collection, and Belizean History.




We were able to find pretty good places to eat and shop and were happy to retire at night; that is until the party started at the park next door! Locals came and bumped rap music until about 1 in the morning. Jenny tried to run down there but I held her back. Anyway, after a couple of days there, we traveled north to Corozal Town but first we did some pretty amazing things along the way...

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Never to late for an update, and welcome back. Do we get to see more pictures?

Wendy said...

Belize?!? How cool! What a vacation! I look forward to learning all about Belize now.

cheyney webb said...

What a tease! I want more! What a trip!