Friday, January 23, 2009

Does this picture make me look feminine?


Okay, try to look past my hulking, intimidating visage. I know, I am a specimen; no one needs to remind me of this. So, considering this, why do people call me ma'am with disturbing frequency?? Does my voice color me female? Am I feminine in motion? I try to stomp around and destroy things as I pass, you know, to convey a proper manly presence. We men, we are either creating or destroying, there is no in between. I thought about it after Ryan Lindgren mentioned the fact that people mistakenly refer to him as "ma'am". I don't know about Ryan, but people don't even flinch or try to morph their words into "man" at the last second. They just apologize as if to say, "I'm sorry, your lady-face and spindly body fooled me into believing that I am dealing with a girl". Well, as the French say, "don't shoot!!"; I mean, "that is life". Ryan and I can start a long distance, two person support group during which we flatulate and punch things, to reinforce our masculine egos. Ryan, if you are called "ma'am" and need a good cry, text me. You can cry into my proverbial man bosom.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

ad I'm not alone. i love saying excuse me in an angry voice after someone does that. try it. they will do your bidding for the rest of the call.

Luis and Christy said...

I love that you make a point to destroy things as you pass by. The only problem is that people on the phone can't see your destruction unless you're on skype and then you probably just look crazy. I think you should respond by calling the person who makes the mistake by the opposite gender and see what their response is and then ignore it and keep calling them the wrong one... that'll teach them!

Unknown said...

of course i have never had this problem, but you guys giving each other a pep talk about how to act more manly reminded me of this scene in the birdcage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrhCvDLlCg&feature=related

cheyney webb said...

What a pair ya'll make. You both looked pretty manly when you were chain sawing trees.