Thursday, November 13, 2008

New House... maybe

So Jenny and I have put an offer on a new house. By new, I mean built in 1955 but we haven't lived in it. It is a cute brick two-story with plenty of space and arguably the worst faux white brick vinyl tile ever produced. It needs some updating, unless you like the whole seventies light fixtures, wallpaper layers in triplicate, and deck made from ten thousand year old petrified wood. But thats cool, we're up to it. You have to spend money to make money. A rolling stone gathers no moss. It was a brave man who first endeavored to eat an oyster... I'm not sure how that last one applies but I'm willing to put myself out there. Anyway, tomorrow we have an inspector coming to look at it and we are just hoping that there are no major problems. You know, lead plumbing, asbestos clouds, squatters, creepy dungeons, indian burial grounds, the typical stuff. These are all things to be avoided. But we look forward to putting our stamp on the place. A little paint, new flooring, and a new kitchen should do the trick. I will try to update with pictures and all.

4 comments:

Justin said...

Is there any shag carpet? I really miss shag carpet.

Wendy said...

The living room is huge! Good luck on your inspection. Looks like a great house. And a house is not a home until you put in some sweat equity anyway, right?

And I enjoyed reading about the Russians coming to town. I assume Stan was connected with getting them here.

cheyney webb said...

Ya'll move fast. I think the last time we talked you were thinking about building in a couple of years. Is this the house you were looking at before?
I hope it all works out.
I will call soon to get all the details!

Ryan said...

From the pictures, it looks great! Cant wait to see it in person.