Monday, September 8, 2008

The Hills, the Lindgrens; we like them alot



I will be the last person to blog about our trip to Atlanta. Wendy has posted as have Cheyney and Ryan. I would claim to have been gathering my thoughts but the truth is mundane; laziness. This might also be the lamest post, as I cannot find the USB cord for my camera, upon which are the pictures chronicling our journey. Anyway, we began the weekend by driving to stay with the Hill Family. First of all, Wendy and Justin invited us to stay after only meeting us once. I could have been that guy who bought Ted Bundy's VW at auction for all they knew! Luckily, I am not obsessed with serial killers or their kill machine cars, yet Tim Tebow's moped would send me checking my ATM balance. Seriously, Wendy and Justin are the kind of people you just want to be around. The level of commitment they have for their family and friends is a paradigm for the rest of us. So, we got up early and headed into ATL, parallel with Marta and Hartsfield, and past Turner Field and the SO SO Def sign. In downtown, we parked and arrived at the aquarium. We were wand searched for metal objects and fishing poles. I must say, after the frisking, the wonderment commenced. I hope that my children were as taken with the manta ray, whale sharks, hammerheads, grouper, etc., etc. as I was. The touch pool was a massive hit and Purel stock soared. Later, we viewed beluga whales, penguins, sea lions, and 3 dollar coca-colas at the snack shop. After returning and feasting upon bbq, we went to a park and the kids leapt and frollicked in a fountain. I liken the fountain to a geyser of elation and emotional vomit, spewed forth as the insanely cute scene developed. Kids are awesome and teach us many things that are valuable about life. Thanks again to the Hills and the Lindgrens. You guys rock and make us feel as though our character judgment is flawless.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

It was great eeing you guys too. Thanks for not killing my sisters family.

cheyney webb said...

I liked playing in the elation of emotional vomit too! What a perfect day.
P.S. Wendy is mailing you the mis-placed pink dolphin.

Wendy said...

Hi guys! Fun to read your blog entries. You should write for a magazine of some kind. Glad Pinkish made it to Bainbridge safely! Glad to know the middle schoolers are negating my efforts to recycle. Sigh.

Justin said...

I'm a latecomer to your blog but wanted to thank you for the nice post! We had a good time with your family and loved the bbq!