Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Words that make me smile...

My favorite word is lull. Why you might ask? The word lull has four letters, three of which are l. That is pretty neat. I also like the words macrocephalic and "daddy", especially when uttered by my children. If they called me macrocephalic daddy I would grin constantly. I say the word "well" in almost every sentence. As in, "Well, I guess cucumbers taste better pickled". Or, "Well, iron pyrite is fool's gold". I realized this when my oldest daughter started to use it in her speech.

3 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

I like the word "wonton" to describe behavior -- I don't know why it never occurs to me to use it on my students, but I should. I also like it to describe my chinese soup, but mainly behavior.

Unknown said...

As I have known about your love of lull for too many years, I agree that everyone has at least one word that they like the sound of. I have 2 favorite words referring to the same thing. Very rarely will I refer to the vessel that carries my outstanding brain as a head. It is much more fun to refer to it as nugget or noggin. I encourage everyone to try it. It's just fun to say.

cheyney webb said...

Ryan's favorıte word for nugget as ın chıcken nugget ıs NUGS. My least favorıte or most favorıte, dependıng on ıf I am ın a shockıng and dısgustıng mood, ıs SECRETIONS. It just sounds gross. But hey, I am a nurse.