Tuesday, June 16, 2009

3.6 hours in B-ville




So in the vain of Ryan's post entitled "36 Hours in Raleigh", I thought I would write my own and inspire you all to visit our little burg.


Hour #1: De-boned chicken sandwich at Carter's (kill me with the mayo, please; seriously, I want to have a palpitation). Next, waltz over to the Small and shop at Belk's.




Hour #2: Take a walk at the river and see how many goats you can count head-butting each other and bleating self-importantly. Next, walk our wonderful nature trail.




Hour #3: Stroll our cute downtown and walk through the courthouse; I assure you, it is quite lovely inside. Next, pop into Reeve's and buy something you totally think you need, but really don't.




Hour #.6: Come to our house and swim in our pool. The liner in the shallow end has more wrinkles than Joan Rivers' real head (hidden under her prosthetic head) but it holds water and our girls love it!




We love our little town because we have found great friends to spend time with and be inspired by. It doesn't matter where you live, as long as you're with the right people and happy.

4 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

One time Kelly Hendrix (Jenny probably knows her) and I made a book as a tongue in cheek tribute to Greater Bainbridge (as opposed to Lesser Bainbridge) highlighting the great parts of the city. WIsh I could get my hands on it.

Ryan said...

Ha! This makes me want to visit B-ville. It really is a cute town. I don't think I've been to carters, but DQ an Zaxby's are to die for.

You guys have an amazing back yard and a sweet pool. Great write up.

cheyney webb said...

I particularly enjoyed that you highlighted the waltz to Belks (in the quaint "mall") and Reeves on the Square. The Square is so charming and I definately want to get something monogrammed everytime I go to Reeves. But I do think your home/family is the big pull to get us there. I would like to spend more than 3.6 hours in Bville.

Also, canoeing in your back yard or springs.

P.S. If Ryan were to have written this on Bburg, he would have said
Hour 1- Walmart
Hour 2- Tennis
Hour 3- Cleaning
Hour .6- Trying to get the dirt out of his shoes

Unknown said...

Your hate for goats knows no bounds.