Friday, June 5, 2009

Productivity?!?!


I have found recently that there are insidious and ever-present adversaries to productivity lurking around every turn. Sitting at work, I try to alternate 3 to 4 hours of hard concentrated productivity with about 20 or 30 minutes of "Me" time. Of course, "Me" is not very interesting or "mature"; ok so maybe I don't "dedicate my entire work day to work", and maybe I don't "shower every day" or "always stay awake when I'm at the wheel of my car", and maybe I don't "refrain from making faces behind my bosse's back, even when they turn around"... Anyway, the two largest enemies of my to do list are fantasy baseball and Hulu.com. I was roped into fantasy baseball by a friend and am enjoying it. I am second in my league with a commanding lead in about four categories; that's productive, right? There is probably irony associated with the fact that I have watched a couple of 20 minute long episodes of "The Office" while at work. Michael Scott would approve. But any site that will offer you free access to Justin Timberlake (siiiiiiggh) on SNL is alright by me. Maybe I am not a good employee. Maybe I am trying to maintain my sanity with a little bit of hilarity and unnecessary baseball stattage, you be the judge. But remember, I almost never get to take a proper lunch break. The number of people I have had to talk to while actually eating a sandwich would stagger Ms. Manners. If you call me at work and my voice sound garbled, it's probably a balogna and cheese Lunchable. So judge me accordingly.

2 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Ryan gets his ME time by playing tetris and is so "productive", he has made it to the 13th level. I get my treasured breaks by checking blogs. But you just can't beat hulu, especially JT on SNL. LOVE - All the Single Ladies parody and Bring it down to Plasticville.

Anyway to make you stay sane.

Ryan said...

You have to have some down time to relax. And what did people do before the internet? This is one of the reasons its so great to be alive. Before that what would people do at work? And don't tell me they actually worked.


hey on another note I just got a new college football preview mag...phil steele 328 pages. you see it yet? There is a great time waster.