Thursday, June 11, 2009

Living to excess


Ryan Lindgren has inspired me to question the confines of excess. How do you live just hard enough without dying? How many glasses of water WOULD be fatal? How many pieces of bubblegum can be chewed at once before you die of insulin shock (the world record for number of pieces at once was 36 the last I heard)? I once chewed 27 pieces of Super Bubble gum at once. The wad was about 3.5 inches in circumference and the puddle of pink sugar vomit was about 2 feet in diameter. Seriously, I was bored at work and attempted it but fell woefully short of glory. How many times can you bend over and then snap back to a standing position before you have an embolism? How much can you taunt a woodchuck before it will nibble your bum? I don't know. So stop asking me stoopid questions Matt Ring.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

did you throw up?

ridgeandjenny said...

I might have exaggerated on that one... I definitely tripped the gag reflex but was able to fend it off. I will say that I wish i had vomited.

Unknown said...

Calling me out by first and last name will never intimidate me. Do your worst. Except if it makes me feel bad. Then that is to far & not cool. If you want me to induce your gag reflex all I have to say is 2 words: Chex Mix. Check mate (on a side note I covered your car while you were sick during a hurricane...remember that).

cheyney webb said...

I mostly do sweets in excess. I eat as many as I can until I feel like I am going to hurl. I keep thinking that it will teach me to not do it again. BUT I always return and cant stop until the entire bag of M&M's or entire cake is finished.