Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do eggs want to come to the party in my tummy?!?


For those of you having a child soon or destined to have a child soon I have advice. We don't let our kids watch a lot of TV. If they do, they watch carefully selected programs that will not corrupt their gentle minds or reduce them to slobbering zombie children. One of these programs is Yo Gabba Gabba. It is a mixture of moral lessons, inventive games, visual candy, hip-hop laced musical scores, and general fun. A fellow named Mark (former lead singer of Devo) cameos with a quick art lesson (how to draw a potato bug, happy face, etc.). Elijah Wood and other celebrities also cameo occasionally, teaching dance moves like The Puppetmaster and The Jumping Jellyfish. The music is fun and infectuous in a good way. When you get a song stuck in your head that goes, "You gotta wait in line, you gotta wait in line.... Its only faaaiir to wait right theeeerrre.... No cuts, no buts, no coconuts..." and you don't really mind, you will know you have made a correct choice. Anyway, give it a try. If you don't like it, I will pay you one American Dollar.

3 comments:

Justin said...

Good show! My friend, Ben Schultz, is the "Shaman of Lullabies" for Yo Gabba Gabba -- his brother, Scott Schultz is one of the head honchos. Ben adds a few behind-the-scenes shots on his blog sometimes (he used to have a bunch more, but I think they made him take them down).

I gotta admit that Biz of Biz's Beat of the Day still kind of freaks me out.

Luis and Christy said...

No cuts, no buts, no coconuts. I love it and I plan to make that phrase a standard in our line up procedures. I love how they hit the tough topics of childhood with songs even adults appreciate! Good review!

Ryan said...

I've seen some clips on youtube because justin had talked about it. Good stuff I love that biz markie was on a kids show. I'm going to tune in as soon as I get youngins.