Tuesday, October 28, 2008

UGA/UF...


Okay, let me gather... This will be THE game of the season. Forget OSU/USC, let go of Texas/Oklahoma, disremember OSU/PSU. These games pail in comparison. Never before has this game meant so much to each team. This roiling boiling rivalry seethes underneath thinly lidded stoicism like so much boiled steak. The winner of this game will win the East, the SEC title game, and mark my words, the BCS title... But only if it's UF!!!! My partisanship canot be hidden any longer. The Gators don't need silly 100 man enzone celebrations to motivate them for this one. And, logically, the Gators should win. UGA is hobbled on both lines, foretelling Gator trench dominance. Florida has speed and ferocity in all 3 phases of the game. If Moreno is contained, then UF should be able to stop UGA on the wings of better secondary play. I for one would not like to hit a running lane and then be physically crushed by Brandon Spikes, Florida's 6-3 243 lb. monster linebacker.If UGA wins, they are simply better, I will be the first to say it. But to the nauseous sighs of everyone that is not a UF fan, Timmy Tebow plays UP in big games. So remember, Florida will be the only one of the two teams that can beat a Texas or Oklahoma, in addition to Alabama in my opinion. But, as you watch this game, think of me, my frazzled body and addled mind after my first week at work, defending my thesis, and anticipating this game. Holy goodness someone throw a bucket of water on me ala Flashdance. My office has a good lean back chair and high ceilings for bucket suspension ya'll...

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Dont tell the wife but I just have to root for florida saturday just for your sake alone.

cheyney webb said...

Yeah, I read Ryan's comment. Looks like I will be rooting for Utah in the BYU/Utah game. Even I am excited to watch this football game.

Unknown said...

I am glad that everyone thinks UF is going to win this year...every year we are favored, we get blown out. But our OL has improved over the past couple of weeks, and as long as Martinez keeps the blitzes coming and stays away from the soft zone defense, Tebow might be tearing up at the press conference again. And besides, Gators wear cutoff jean shorts.

ridgeandjenny said...

At least if Gators wear cutoff jean shorts, then they intend to go to a mud bog or a mullet contest. It's a shame when Dawgs wear black shirts just to get beaten like red headed stepchildren.

Unknown said...

Speaking as a red headed stepchild, that sir, is offensive! I expect more out of you. I am very disappointed. Just like the Dawgs I will not be beaten. I look forward to hearing your apology after Georgia wins. Oh and good luck on your thesis stuff.

Unknown said...

beat our expletives in the ground, from start to finish...i wish tebo would leave school early.

Unknown said...

Ouch. Hopefully The Dawgs learn from this and use it against Florida next year.