Saturday, October 4, 2008

Patriotic duty



Jenny and I voted yesterday. The early voting process was very easy and I highly recommend it. I don't know about Jenny, but I cast write ins for President and Vice-president. I've been thinking, this country doesn't need sober persons at the helm... We don't need direction and sound rhetoric to guide us... We don't need a 700 Billion dollar bailout, this country needs a 700 Billion dollar Inauguration. I thought to myself, "Which candidate displays the best policy and self-posession; scratch that, which candidate displays the best showmanship?!? Sadly, neither could pull off rising to the stage through the center of a grand piano or be lowered from the rafters on a giant trapeze or sing with their hair on fire. So I wrote in Michael Jackson for President and David Lee Roth as Vice-president. I figure, what could show the world the unbridled awesomeness of the USA better than a kick-fanny, pyrotechnic spectacle? Sure, mandatory sleepovers at the White House and a Ferris Wheel on the Lawn might send the wrong message, but "I wish they all could be California Girls" could make a great National Anthem. Think about it...

4 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Brilliant. It will soon be mandatory to do the moon walk and thriller dance to pledge our allegiance. Maybe Brady would be a better President. He has put himself on fire.

Ryan said...

Now that is a viable ticket. And if Roth starts acting up, we already know the team can replace him with Sammy Hagar.

We're going to try to vote early in a few weeks when we can.

Wendy said...

So, help me out--Justin thinks you're just joking, and I think you are serious about write-ins for Pres. and VP!?!?!?!

By the way, I do love the Michael inauguration idea.

Justin and I just painlessly did the early voting on Thursday--so glad I'm not having to stand in the long lines on election day, although there's so much excitement that day. I will be bummed to not wear my Georgia peach "I voted" sticker that day.

Unknown said...

What no love for the Captain America & Spider-man ticket? I am voting for the ol' Red, White & Blue ticket.