Monday, October 13, 2008

K.I.D.W.O.F.O.B.




Kids in denial when ousted from our bed... So our kids are 4, 3, and 2. Those of you whom follow our blog with any regularity (all 4 of you) know that. So, we missed the bus on the whole keep your kids in their crib from the beginning, lose sleep in the first year but sleep better in the future thing, you know, logic. Admittedly, it was much easier for Jenny when she was nursing, thus I have no regrets. When you awake with the feeling that you slept in an iron maiden after being in a street brawl while going over Niagra Falls in a hamster ball, you start to reconsider. Around 10 or 11 o'clock, one or both of our oldest girls creeps into our bed. At this point, there isn't much of a way to get them back to their bed without an elaborate strap and latch system and much lost sleep. I'm considering some type of James Bond inspired spring powered catapult ejector mechanism that will launch them back into their bed, afterwhich a soundproofed cage snaps shut around them. I really think that these drawings are ready for the Patent Office!! Its probably illegal everywhere except Colorado City but what the Man doesn't know won't hurt the Man.

4 comments:

Justin said...

I wonder if some sort of low-voltage Invisible Fence might work here.

ridgeandjenny said...

Complete with shock collar?? I'm not sure because, like a dog, they would probably run against the barrier until they figured out that the pain is short and temporary.

Wendy said...

That made me laugh! I'll have to show it to my neighbor, who has the shares the same woes as y'all.

Justin said...

Maybe something like this